Ojai Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Ojai, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be entangled in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and trained drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process faster and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay composed, halt your automobile and watch for bruises.
The life and healthful of you, your occupants and the other people caught up in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the policemen and let them know of the accident, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where viable and if lawful, move the cars to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a sketch is deserving a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you submit your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to call your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the crash the faster they can start working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to deliberate like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the obligation for the collision or circumstances of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Ojai, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.