Oakhurst Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Oakhurst, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and trained drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and faster so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, stop your car and check for lacerations.
The life and health of you, your passengers and the other people implicated in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the mishap, your location, how many people are involved with, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where possible and if valid, move the vehicles to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketch is precious a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you put forward your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its commonly a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the sooner they know about the wreck the speedier they can start working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the obligation for the crash or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Oakhurst, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.