Los Altos Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Los Altos, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and trained drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Education of what to do after the car crash can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, halt your car and check for bruises.
The life and healthful of you, your commuters and the other people involved in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the chance event, your location, how many people are involved with, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where practicable and if legal, move the cars to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a drawing is deserving a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of devastation to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to call for the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you put forward your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to call your insurance company right away and account the accident because the sooner they know about the wreck the speedier they can begin working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the duty for the crash or scenarios of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Los Altos, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.