El Cerrito Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in El Cerrito, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most mindful and proficient drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Understandings of what to do after the car crash can help establish the insurance claims process faster and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, cease your car and watch for lacerations.
The life and wellbeing of you, your passengers and the other people entangled in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police force and let them know of the crash, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where practicable and if legal, move the vehicles to the side of the traffic and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a drawing off is worth a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of damage to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you pass on your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to call your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the collision the speedier they can begin working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibleness for the crash or facts of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in El Cerrito, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.