Burlingame Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Burlingame, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved with in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and skilled drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car collision can help make the insurance claims process faster and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay composed, cease your vehicle and check for wounds.
The life and health of you, your visitors and the other people involved in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police force and let them know of the crash, your placement, how many people are involved with, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where possible and if legal, move the car to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketch is precious a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of devastation to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you give in your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and report the accident because the earlier they know about the wreck the faster they can begin working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibleness for the crash or events of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Burlingame, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.