Bloomington Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Bloomington, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and skilled drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Understandings of what to do after the car accident can help make the insurance claims process smoother and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, stop your vehicle and watch for bruises.
The life and health of you, your occupants and the other people implicated in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police and let them know of the crash, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where viable and if legal, move the vehicles to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a sketch is worth a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact reference of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you put forward your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to call your insurance company right away and account the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the wreck the faster they can commence working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any repair work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibleness for the crash or circumstances of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Bloomington, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.