Barstow Auto Accident Lawyer
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Barstow, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Perhaps you will never be caught up in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and skilled drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help make the insurance claims process easier and streamlined so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay composed, halt your vehicle and test for injuries.
The life and healthful of you, your passengers and the other people entangled in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the policemen and let them know of the accident, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where feasible and if legal, move the autos to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the incident occurred sometimes a sketch is deserving a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you put in your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and cover the accident because the sooner they acknowledge about the collision the faster they can begin working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and evaluate the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might need to regard like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibleness for the crash or circumstances of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Barstow, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.