Auto Accident Lawyer Santa Monica
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Santa Monica, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be involved in an automobile accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and skilled drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process smoother and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, stop your car and test for lacerations.
The life and health of you, your passengers and the other people implicated in the accident is far more essential than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police and let them know of the chance event, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where practicable and if valid, move the car to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a drawing is deserving a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to ask the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you give in your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to call your insurance company right away and account the accident because the quicker they acknowledge about the crash the faster they can commence working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibility for the crash or facts of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Santa Monica, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.