Auto Accident Lawyer in Monterey
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Monterey, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.
Preferably you will never be involved in an vehicle accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and expert drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help establish the insurance claims process faster and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, stop your car and watch for bruises.
The life and health of you, your occupants and the other people entangled in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police force and let them know of the mishap, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take reasonable steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where possible and if legal, move the cars to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may desire to use them to alert oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketching is deserving a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may wish to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good gamble you’ll need it when you put forward your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to telephone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the sooner they know about the wreck the faster they can start working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car dragged if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and abstain from discussing the responsibleness for the accident or facts of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Monterey, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Call us today for more information.