Auto Accident Lawyer in Lockwood
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Lockwood, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Hopefully you will never be caught up in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and expert drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process easier and gentler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay tranquil, halt your automobile and check for wounds.
The life and wellbeing of you, your passengers and the other people involved in the accident is far more crucial than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police and let them know of the accident, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to safeguard yourself, and your vehicle, from added damage. Where feasible and if valid, move the cars to the side of the highway and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketch is deserving a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good chance you’ll need it when you give in your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its ordinarily a good idea to call your insurance company right away and write up the accident because the earlier they acknowledge about the collision the speedier they can initiate working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to consider like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the duty for the crash or scenarios of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Lockwood, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.