Auto Accident Lawyer in Benicia
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Benicia, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and expert drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a crash.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car accident can help prepare the insurance claims process simpler and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, stop your automobile and check for bruises.
The life and healthful of you, your passengers and the other people caught up in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If necessary, call the police force and let them know of the accident, your position, how many people are involved with, whether there are injuries and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where viable and if valid, move the vehicles to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may want to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketching is precious a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of devastation to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact selective information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may want to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you pass on your insurance claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to phone your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the earlier they acknowledge about the crash the faster they can initiate working to conclude your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might wish to consider like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the duty for the incident or events of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Benicia, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.