Auto Accident Lawyer in Atherton
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Atherton, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Preferably you will never be involved with in an auto accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most protective and skilled drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Knowledge of what to do after the car collision can help make the insurance claims process faster and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay composed, stop your vehicle and check for bruises.
The life and health of you, your occupants and the other people implicated in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police force and let them know of the crash, your location, how many people are involved, whether there are casualties and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take rational steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where possible and if legal, move the autos to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to warn oncoming traffic and to deter additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a sketching is precious a thousand words and can help strengthen what you’ve noted the type and location of impact to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact reference of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you give in your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to call your insurance company right away and turn in the accident because the earlier they know about the collision the faster they can start working to solve your insurance claim. As well, they will be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fixing work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to consider like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the obligation for the collision or circumstances of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Atherton, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.