Auto Accident Lawyer Clayton
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Clayton, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Perhaps you will never be involved in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most careful and expert drivers, however, can rapidly find themselves in the middle of a wreck.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car collision can help make the insurance claims process smoother and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay composed, halt your vehicle and check for bruises.
The life and health of you, your occupants and the other people involved in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the police force and let them know of the chance event, your placement, how many people are involved with, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take sensible steps to protect yourself, and your vehicle, from additional damage. Where possible and if valid, move the vehicles to the side of the road and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to thwart additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the mishap occurred sometimes a drawing is worth a thousand words and can help raise what you’ve noted the type and location of loss to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications including the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact info of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the collision report. Theres a good probability you’ll need it when you give in your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to call your insurance company right away and report the accident because the earlier they know about the wreck the sooner they can initiate working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to regard like don’t discuss the financial limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the responsibility for the incident or events of the collision with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Clayton, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.