Auto Accident Lawyer Carmel
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Carmel, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.
Perhaps you will never be entangled in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and proficient drivers, however, can quickly find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Information of what to do after the car crash can help make the insurance claims process faster and smoother so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay calm, stop your vehicle and test for bruises.
The life and wellbeing of you, your passengers and the other people involved in the accident is far more valuable than the vehicle itself.
2. If required, call the policemen and let them know of the mishap, your placement, how many people are involved, whether there are injured and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to insure yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where practicable and if legal, move the cars to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to forewarn oncoming traffic and to prevent additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a drawing is priceless a thousand words and can help improve what you’ve noted the type and location of destruction to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may desire to seek the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the crash report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you put in your coverage claim to your insurer.
6. Its usually a good idea to call your insurance company right away and report the accident because the earlier they acknowledge about the collision the quicker they can begin working to resolve your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car towed if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and appraise the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might want to deliberate like don’t discuss the economic limits of your auto insurance policy and avoid discussing the responsibility for the collision or scenarios of the crash with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Carmel, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Give us a call for more information.