Auto Accident Lawyer Calistoga
|If you need auto accident lawyer service in Calistoga, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.
Hopefully you will never be entangled in an car accident or need to file an insurance claim.
Even the most cautious and skilled drivers, however, can easily find themselves in the middle of a collision.
Would you know what to do? Understandings of what to do after the car accident can help establish the insurance claims process easier and simpler so that you are back on the road faster.
1. Try to stay steady, cease your car and test for bruises.
The life and wellbeing of you, your passengers and the other people entangled in the accident is far more important than the vehicle itself.
2. If needed, call the police force and let them know of the accident, your position, how many people are involved, whether there are wounds and the types of injuries.
3. You may wish to take fair steps to defend yourself, and your vehicle, from further damage. Where possible and if legal, move the vehicles to the side of the streets and turn on your hazards as soon as it is safe. If you have flares, you may wish to use them to advise oncoming traffic and to stop additional crashes.
4. Taking lots of notes is a good practice, like: the date, time and location of the accident how the accident occurred sometimes a sketching is deserving a thousand words and can help enhance what you’ve noted the type and location of devastation to your car the type and location of damage to the other cars or property involved the names, addresses and contact information of all drivers and passengers involved in the accident drivers license numbers and all the information on the licenses insurance identifications involving the name of the insurance company and policy number the names, addresses and contact information of witnesses the names and badge numbers of police officers or other first response personnel
5. You may care to inquire the police officer when and where you can get a copy of the accident report. Theres a good opportunity you’ll need it when you pass on your policy claim to your insurer.
6. Its normally a good idea to call your insurance company right away and report the accident because the sooner they know about the collision the faster they can begin working to settle your insurance claim. As well, they’ll be able to explain the next steps, like where to have the car hauled if necessary and arrange for an adjuster to come out and assess the damage before any fix work is done.
7. There are a couple of don’ts you might desire to deliberate like don’t discuss the budgetary limits of your auto insurance policy and minimize discussing the duty for the crash or circumstances of the accident with anyone other than the police or a representative of your insurance company.
Call us now if you need a car accident lawyer to look over your case
If you need auto accident lawyer service in Calistoga, we can help you. Call (818) 657-8039 Email us today for more information.